Monday, June 29, 2020

Poems from the Book of Rage: "What I Am"

Disclaimer: This poem is not my own. This was written by someone I use to know. She was a budding writer back then, sweet and naive. This was how she let lose; a medium to get her mind off things that burdened her.
I advise you to read with your heart and understand what she means by her words and look past the grammatical inconsistencies.
I'm certain she won't mind me publishing her works. All credits go to her, but I will not identify the author.  Though she never wrote a poem for me, let's just say she is a big part of my chaotic yesterday.

...
 
What I am

For almost seventeen years of living I had never felt complete
Is like there is something missing in my life
And I don’t know what it is

In family

There are certain times where I  feel miserably living this life
There also times where in you’re so full of jealousy and envy
True happiness is so hard to conquest
Adjustments always comes when you think
You did your best

As a child I prayed to be seen and noticed not only by the things I do but also with the words I speak
Freedom misinterpreted and often times broken down into small pieces
Leaving only tears of agony, pain and distress

Understanding and honesty do the best complement of trustworthy
But anger, afraid to reveal so I had to conceal
Black is my favorite co’ z it reflect how I see life
  A mystery
Is my knowledge not enough?
Fame and fortune surrounds then soon poverty comes
Accomplishments…accomplishment seemed to have the  big part of the deal
I am too naïve and too dumb
Only me can understand
And only me can answer what  I really want

In frequent daily duties

My goal to finish BSIT what’s next in line
To write poems is my only pass time
It makes me happy and fulfilled
Whether  it  will or will not rhyme
I just knew that it is where I express my emotions what is within so read between the lines
Friends look almost all the same
But it is composed of different character and pain
Laughter enters and then a minute of regret
Past is past you cannot undo
Expect what they want is unbelievable and you would be able go  through

Life is complicated I wish I was born gifted
To solve those mathematical problems to answer those different question
Expectation and small appreciation harsh word cause life’s destruction

Dumb as I am I had this poem to let out of hand…

No comments:

Post a Comment