Thursday, August 11, 2011

Don't know...

There are a lot of things in my mind. Mostly about what to do....about my life, the future, things that I want to do, but cant seem to start. I'm getting old and until now I haven't yet established myself in this world. I guess I wont be able to. Afterall I'm just a pilgrim here. I cant understand what my mind wants. I get obsessed with every new and interesting idea. I remember the time when I was obsessed with mushrooms...I wanted to grow my own mushrooms, but I didn't. Then I was obsessed with knife making. I was able to maintain my interest in knives up until now. I still make a few. Then I realised I cant really make a living out of being a knife maker. I was also obsessed with 3 wheelers, but of course I couldn't make one. It was a far fetched dream. I'm still interested in mountaineering. Making my own gear was also an obsession, but I put it on hold for more important things. Making my own gear will follow. I still do research every now and then and I still plan on becoming a minimalist.

Right now I am interested in barefoot running and was thinking of making my own huaraches - Mexican style sandals with very thin soles. I figured, hey! maybe I can make money out of this here in the Philippines. Oh well, then again maybe not. If I could train in huaraches, maybe I could mountaineer with it. Barefoot mountaineering. Sounds cool. I think its a great idea. Only problem now is how to sell it. "The benefits of being barefoot." Then I could get in touch with the owner of invisibleshoe then we can maybe start a deal where I can retail his products here in the country. Sounds very nice, but I don't have a financial backer. oh well, another idea on hold until someone goes ahead with it and I end up envying them because they made a lot of money out of it. sheesh!

I don't want to be an employee all my life. I want to start a lucrative business and take care of my family personally. Live a simple life where all members of the family are happy. I wonder when....don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Just pray for it kuya. Let me share to you what my father did. It might help you. He started off as a electrical technician. An employee to different shops. Eventually he was able to have a shop of his own with his own workers. Then, while working for a few years on his shop, he was studying construction, and some engineering stuff. He eventually started taking small time construction jobs. When the land title for the shop he was renting got sold, he was knowledgeable enough to start a career in construction as a contractor. He was also able to make or buy all the gears necessary. He became a contractor to various buildings via his engineer friends and contacts. Then, when the financial crisis struck, most buildings would think twice before repairing their buildings so construction work almost came to a halt. All the while he was trying to learn and develop his interpersonal skills via online tutorial. When his small business crashed, he was able to enter into the field of real estate because of his knowledge of buildings and newly acquired interpersonal skills. I guess the message here is to have a real objective. Don't focus on the small stuff, focus on the bigger picture.

    ReplyDelete