Thursday, December 23, 2010

Summer 2001

I remember, it was the year 2001, spending the summer afternoons watching MYX while recovering from my operation. The number one song back then was Jaded by Aerosmith. Since I couldn't talk, i just hummed to the tune and banged my head as though I was the one actually singing the song.

Those afternoons were warm as the sun poured into the room illuminating the parquet floor and warming up the place. It would shine through the leaves creating light and shadow patterns that constantly change as the wind blows by. Then i would once again read the "get well soon" cards i got from the mail. Yeah! the mail...actual postal mail. Back then, email wasn't that popular yet.

Come to think of it...i haven't used the postal service in years...

4 comments:

  1. Yep. Not used in years postal mails nowadays are for business mails and promotions, packages and money-gram. We'd never know. Maybe tomorrow it'll be extinct like the telegram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love postal mails ... back in germany its still something you can use ... in manila ? i dont even know where to bring my mail...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you bring your mail to the post office. there's always one near your area...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont even know the going rate for regular mail anymore.

    ReplyDelete