Friday, March 3, 2023

I like this Citizen Quartz watch, but... #citizen

 

 Buying watches online is a bit of a gamble. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose.

I bought a quartz watch recently. It's made by Citizen, or at least I hope it was legitimately made by Citizen. I was attracted to the dial and the caseback. This watch has a stainless steel case and a screw down caseback. Not the typical quartz watch I am familiar with from this brand. Usually, quartz watches from Citizen, at least at this price in the used market, usually have base metal case and snap on casebacks. This one is different.

I use this for more formal occasions, but recently I wondered, "Maybe it was meant as a field watch and not a dress watch." There are a few reasons why I think this is a field watch.

1. It has large numerals. The dial features large numbers in black - very visible against the silver dial.

2. It says "Water10BarResist" on  the dial. 10 Bar means 100 meters of water resistance. While I don't believe that to be accurate, I'm pretty sure the watch is at least splash proof.

3. Screw down caseback. Typically, a quartz dress watch has a snap on caseback. A screw down caseback means the movement is more protected from potential ingress of water. To me it also means a better quality watch overall.

Whether it was meant as a dress watch or field watch, this piece is pretty. I'm confident it can handle both being in a party and out and about in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment