Thursday, December 30, 2021

Poems from the Book of Rage: "A promise to my self"

Disclaimer: This poem is not my own. This was written by someone I use to know. She was a budding writer back then, sweet and naive. This was how she let lose; a medium to get her mind off things that burdened her.
I advise you to read with your heart and understand what she means by her words and look past the grammatical inconsistencies.
I'm certain she won't mind me publishing her works. All credits go to her, but I will not identify the author.  Though she never wrote a poem for me, let's just say she is a big part of my chaotic yesterday.

...

A promise to my self


I had seen my parent’s regret

How immature and discouraging life to them

There is no ample space for them to see 

What love really means . . .


One thing I admire them most 

Is there sense of responsibility

But they had forgotten what vow they made all throughout eternity

Till death do us part, they once said


Now, look at them, pride and greed overwhelmed

My mom always tell me to chose my mate

My dad protect me but I doubt if it is love or just guilt

Forget the past is what I tried to do


But it often times comes haunting me

I am not to good in school, and the reason is 

I guess it sucks and I think its no good

You are just there to have a diploma 


Then what have a miserable life as my parents

I promise my self not to be like them

A promise I will forever make and would never break 

A lesson I’ve learn from my two dear parents


I don’t know why, I felt so bad 

I think I did my best but it wasn’t enough

So in order not to follow their footstep

I must be stronger and more wiser


I hope and pray that he would guide

For he always cast down tons of burden to me

I am more luckier I guess for I am not like other teens who has a broken family

Or leaving my life in poverty


I found my self thinking for everything there is a reason

And may be when I grow up I would soon find out

What is my purpose in living a quite miserable life.


No comments:

Post a Comment