Thursday, August 8, 2024

Is My Watch Worthy?

 I build watches. I build watches from parts I order online. I build watches for myself and in some occasions, for my family.

Let's start with the dial. It is technically the "face" of the watch and it is what is front and center when people look at the time. I usually go for dark dials, but somehow this dark wave dial spoke to me so I had to build one using this dial.



It is a lumed dial, but the lume is not so great. You can barely see the dial, but it is nice to look at in the dark.


Inspired by the looks of the Captain Willard 6105, I decided on a case that is a spitting image of the iconic watch.




Stainless steel with sapphire crystal. Rotating dive-time bezel with aluminum black insert. Caseback has no markings whatsoever. Screw down crown at 4 o'clock. 20mm lug width which means lots of options for bracelets and straps.

Of course this is powered by an NH35.


Here it is after building it on the dinner table after supper. I originally had it on an aftermarket rubber strap, but have since replaced it with a nato strap when it gave out.

Handset is similar to the original, but the lume of the hands and dial do not match. The dial's lume is more white and the hands are more green. Can't deny the sexy shape of the case though.


Say hello to "Willard's Rage". An homage to an iconic movie watch.

Is my watch worthy?


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment